2025年06月六级第1套听力原文及答案解析
本页收录2025年06月六级第1套听力全部原文与答案。大学英语六级听力共三个部分:Section A 长对话,Section B 听力篇章,Section C 讲座/报告,全部音频只播放一遍。原文按句给出英文与中文对照,可用于精听、跟读与听写训练。
Directions: In this section, you will hear two long conversations. At the end of each conversation, you will hear four questions. Both the conversation and the questions will be spoken only once. After you hear a question, you must choose the best answer from the four choices marked A), B), C), and D). Then mark the corresponding letter on Answer Sheet 1 with a single line through the centre.
Conversation 1.
对话一。
M: Good morning.
早上好。
M: My name is Bob Fetterman.
我叫鲍勃·费特曼。
M: I'm the computer technician.
我是电脑技术员。
F: Didn't I call for you last week?
我上周不是打电话找过你吗?
M: Maybe.
也许吧。
M: I work for Alpha Maintenance.
我在Alpha Maintenance工作。
M: I imagine someone from your office called our central office, and I'm the engineer designated to your case.
我想是你们办公室有人打电话给我们总部,而我就是被指派处理你这个案子的工程师。
F: Yeah, I spoke to a lady there last Tuesday, which is now 10 days ago.
是的,我上周二和那边的一位女士谈过,那已经是10天前了。
F: I made it clear it was an urgent matter, and please, send someone as soon as possible.
我明确说明这是紧急事件,请尽快派人来。
F: Couldn't you or someone else have come sooner?
你或其他人不能早点来吗?
M: I'm sorry, but I'm not in charge of scheduling or logistics.
抱歉,但我不负责调度或后勤。
M: I simply do not know.
我确实不知道。
M: All I can tell you is I got the call this week and came as soon as I could.
我只能告诉你,我这周接到电话后就尽快赶来了。
F: I see.
我明白了。
F: Well, I'll have you know my manager is rather indignant that it's taken you this long to come.
嗯,我得让你知道,我的经理对你们这么久才来感到相当气愤。
F: I understand it might not be your fault, but nevertheless, you should know what the feeling is around here.
我理解这可能不是你的错,但不管怎样,你应该知道这里的感受。
M: I understand, and I'm sorry for any inconvenience.
我理解,并为任何不便表示抱歉。
M: I will try to resolve your computer problem as swiftly and optimally as I can.
我会尽可能快速和最优地解决你的电脑问题。
M: What and where is the issue?
问题出在哪里?
F: It's this machine right here.
就是这台机器。
F: It was running slow for a while, I guess, and gradually got worse and worse.
我猜它运行慢有一段时间了,而且逐渐变得越来越糟。
F: Last Tuesday, it just stopped working altogether.
上周二,它完全停止工作了。
F: If you switch it on, you will see what I mean.
如果你打开它,就会明白我的意思。
M: Okay.
好的。
M: Do you know if it's backed up?
你知道它是否备份过吗?
F: Backed up?
备份?
M: I mean, do you know if its contents have been copied and saved somewhere else?
我是说,你知道它的内容是否被复制并保存在其他地方了吗?
F: I don't know.
我不知道。
M: Well, depending on the ensuing operative scenario, if I need to wipe the system directories clean in order to reconfigure default protocols, then my first intervention should be to intricately retrieve all inventories that I can.
嗯,根据接下来的操作情况,如果我需要清除系统目录以重新配置默认协议,那么我的首要干预应该是尽可能细致地检索所有数据清单。
M: Otherwise, all data that was stored on its hard drive will be forever lost.
否则,硬盘上存储的所有数据将永远丢失。
F: My manager would know.
我的经理会知道。
F: Let me go get him.
让我去找他。
Questions 1 to 4 are based on the conversation you have just heard.
问题1到4基于你刚才听到的对话。
Question 1. What did the woman do last Tuesday?
问题1. 女士上周二做了什么?
Question 2. What does the man say he did when he got the call?
问题2. 男士说他接到电话时做了什么?
Question 3. What is the feeling about the problem around the woman's workplace?
问题3. 女士工作场所对这个问题感受如何?
Question 4. What does the woman say her manager would know?
问题4. 女士说她的经理会知道什么?
Conversation 2.
对话二。
M: Have you given more thought to studying law?
你是否进一步考虑过学习法律?
F: I've been thinking about it a lot, yes.
是的,我一直在想这个问题。
F: In fact, this is why I wished to speak to you.
事实上,这就是我为什么想跟你谈谈。
F: I wanted to hear more about what it's like.
我想多了解一下那是什么样的。
M: A career in law is a beautiful thing in my opinion.
在我看来,法律职业生涯是一件美好的事情。
M: Many people will say it's a boring field, but I disagree.
许多人会说这是一个无聊的领域,但我不同意。
M: The thing is, there are many different branches of law and many different jobs.
事实是,法律有许多不同的分支和许多不同的工作。
F: You are involved with buildings and construction, right?
你从事建筑和建设工作,对吗?
M: Correct.
正确。
M: I'm a solicitor specializing in real estate.
我是一名专攻房地产的律师。
M: Most of my work involves mediating land disputes.
我的大部分工作涉及调解土地纠纷。
F: Do you mind giving me an example?
你介意给我举个例子吗?
M: Sure.
当然。
M: So, in many cases, I am employed to arbitrate between two clashing parties.
所以,在许多情况下,我被雇用来在两个冲突方之间进行仲裁。
M: Let's say, for example, there are two landowners who are in a thorny disagreement about something, like the borders of their adjacent plots.
比如说,有两位土地所有者在某事上有棘手的分歧,比如他们相邻地块的边界。
M: Someone may employ me to break the deadlock and resolve the dispute.
可能会有人雇用我来打破僵局并解决纠纷。
M: Often, my work involves negotiating agreements.
通常,我的工作涉及协商协议。
M: Plain and simple.
简单明了。
F: So, you are saying that a lot of what you do is fix people's legal issues.
所以,你是说你做的很多工作是解决人们的法律问题。
F: Like, you try to find a solution that benefits everyone, and that prevents a problem from escalating.
比如,你试图找到一个让所有人受益的解决方案,并防止问题升级。
M: Exactly.
正是。
M: Well put.
说得好。
M: You need to remember that courts, like all bureaucracies really, can be very messy, frustrating and expensive.
你需要记住,法院就像所有官僚机构一样,可能非常混乱、令人沮丧且费用高昂。
M: For this reason, it's usually better to resolve problems outside of court whenever possible.
因此,通常最好在可能的情况下在法庭外解决问题。
F: I see.
我明白了。
F: So, besides knowing the law inside out, you need good people skills, right?
所以,除了精通法律外,你还需要良好的人际交往能力,对吗?
M: Of course.
当然。
M: Any job that involves people requires good interpersonal skills, and any law professional needs to be very eloquent at articulating their argument.
任何涉及人的工作都需要良好的人际交往能力,任何法律专业人士都需要非常善于清晰地阐述自己的论点。
F: Right.
是的。
F: So, I've been thinking about studying criminal law.
所以,我一直在考虑学习刑法。
F: I think it sounds very interesting.
我觉得听起来很有趣。
M: Yes.
是的。
M: I'd say there's more money in property law, but the stakes are higher in criminal law.
我会说财产法方面赚钱更多,但刑法方面的风险更高。
M: I can see how you would find it more interesting.
我能理解你为什么觉得它更有趣。
Questions 5 to 8 are based on the conversation you have just heard.
问题5到8基于你刚才听到的对话。
Question 5. What will many people say about a career in law?
问题5. 许多人会说什么关于法律职业生涯?
Question 6. What does the man say most of his work involves?
问题6. 男士说他的大部分工作涉及什么?
Question 7. Why does the man say it's usually better to resolve problems outside of court whenever possible?
问题7. 为什么男士说通常最好在可能的情况下在法庭外解决问题?
Question 8. What does the man think is required of any law professional?
问题8. 男士认为任何法律专业人士需要具备什么?
Directions: In this section, you will hear two passages. At the end of each passage, you will hear three or four questions. Both the passage and the questions will be spoken only once. After you hear a question, you must choose the best answer from the four choices marked A), B), C), and D). Then mark the corresponding letter on Answer Sheet 1 with a single line through the centre.
Passage 1.
篇章一。
When a person tries to access a memory, their brains quickly examine everything stored in it to find the relevant information.
当一个人试图回忆时,大脑会快速检索其中存储的所有内容,以找到相关信息。
But as we age, many of us have difficulty retrieving memories.
但随着年龄增长,我们中的许多人在检索记忆方面会遇到困难。
In a review published in the journal Trends in Cognitive Sciences on February 11th, researchers propose an explanation for why this might be happening.
在2月11日发表于《认知科学趋势》期刊的一篇综述中,研究人员为这一现象提出了一种解释。
The brains of older adults allocate more space to accumulated knowledge and have more material to navigate when attempting to access memories.
老年人的大脑为积累的知识分配了更多空间,在试图访问记忆时需要处理更多的材料。
While this wealth of prior knowledge can make memory retrieval challenging, the researchers say it has its upsides.
尽管如此丰富的先验知识可能使记忆检索更具挑战性,但研究人员认为它也有其积极面。
This life experience can aid with creativity and decision-making.
这种生活经验有助于提升创造力和决策能力。
Researchers Tarek Amr, Jordana Nguyen, and Lynn Hasher looked at several behavioral and brain imaging studies, which show that older adults have difficulty suppressing information that is no longer relevant, and that when searching for a specific memory, they often retrieve other irrelevant memories along with it.
研究人员Tarek Amr、Jordana Nguyen和Lynn Hasher审视了多项行为与脑成像研究,这些研究表明老年人在抑制不再相关的信息方面存在困难,并且在搜索特定记忆时,往往会连带检索到其他无关记忆。
The studies also showed that when given a cognitive task, older adults rely more heavily on previous knowledge than younger adults do.
研究还显示,在执行认知任务时,老年人比年轻人更依赖先验知识。
While the researchers focus primarily on the difficulties that these disorderly, crowded memories may pose, they also highlight a few situations in which these same memory patterns may be useful.
尽管研究人员主要关注这些杂乱、拥挤的记忆可能带来的困难,但他们也强调了在某些情境下,这些相同的记忆模式可能具有实用价值。
Evidence suggests that older adults show preserved and at times enhanced creativity as a function of enriched memories, the researchers write.
研究人员写道,有证据表明,由于记忆内容丰富,老年人表现出保持甚至有时增强的创造力。
They further hypothesize that older adults may be well-served by their prior knowledge when it comes to decision-making, where they can pull on their accumulated wisdom.
他们进一步假设,在决策方面,老年人可以凭借其积累的智慧,从先验知识中充分受益。
Questions 9 to 11 are based on the passage you have just heard.
问题9至11基于你刚才听到的篇章。
Question 9. What did the researchers do in their review in the journal Trends in Cognitive Sciences?
问题9. 研究人员在《认知科学趋势》期刊的综述中做了什么?
Question 10. What do several behavioral and brain imaging studies show?
问题10. 多项行为与脑成像研究显示了什么?
Question 11. What does evidence suggest regarding older adults?
问题11. 关于老年人,证据表明了什么?
Passage 2.
第二篇短文。
There are at least four major problems with work in America today.
当今美国的工作至少存在四个主要问题。
Work can be alienating.
工作可能是令人疏离的。
Workers are often not in control of how they work, when they work, what is done with the goods and services they produce, and what is done with the profits made from their work.
工人往往无法控制他们的工作方式、工作时间、所生产商品和服务的去向,以及从他们工作中产生的利润的用途。
Workers are not paid the full value of their labor.
工人没有得到他们劳动的全部价值。
Real wages have not kept pace with productivity, driving economic inequality and a decline in labor's share of income.
实际工资没有跟上生产率的增长,导致了经济不平等和劳动收入份额的下降。
People are time poor.
人们时间匮乏。
In the US, full-time employees work an average of 8.
在美国,全职员工平均工作8。
72 hours per day, despite productivity increases.
72小时每天,尽管生产率有所提高。
Long working hours contribute to the feeling of time poverty, which has an adverse effect on psychological well-being.
长时间工作加剧了时间匮乏感,这对心理健康有不利影响。
Automation puts jobs and wages at risk.
自动化使工作岗位和工资面临风险。
Technological innovation could in theory liberate people from the 40-hour work week, but unless changes are made to the structure of work, automation will simply exert downward pressure on wages and further diminish work opportunities.
技术创新理论上可以将人们从每周40小时的工作中解放出来,但除非对工作结构进行改变,否则自动化只会对工资施加下行压力,并进一步减少工作机会。
So, what can be done to alleviate these problems?
那么,可以采取什么措施来缓解这些问题呢?
There are competing visions of the best way to arrive at a solution.
关于达到解决方案的最佳途径,存在不同的观点。
One vision is what's known as the post-work position.
一种观点是所谓的后工作立场。
The post-work theorists believe that work should not hold a central position in our lives or take up so much of our time.
后工作理论家认为,工作不应在我们的生活中占据中心位置或占用我们过多时间。
They assert that, although doing some work might be necessary, meaning, purpose and social value reside in the communities and relationships built and sustained outside of the workplace.
他们主张,尽管从事一些工作可能是必要的,但意义、目的和社会价值存在于工作场所之外建立和维持的社区与关系中。
Thus, life should be seen as an end in itself.
因此,生活本身应被视为目的。
Questions 12 to 15 are based on the passage you have just heard.
问题12至15基于你刚才听到的短文。
Question 12. What do we learn about American workers from the passage?
问题12。从短文中我们了解到美国工人的什么情况?
Question 13. What does the passage say long working hours contribute to?
问题13。短文说长时间工作加剧了什么?
Question 14. What does automation do according to the passage?
问题14。根据短文,自动化有什么影响?
Question 15. What do post-work theorists advocate?
问题15。后工作理论家主张什么?
Directions: In this section you will hear three recordings of lectures or talks followed by three or four questions. The recordings will be played only once. After you hear a question, you must choose the best answer from the four choices marked A), B), C) and D). Then mark the corresponding letter on Answer Sheet 1 with a single line through the centre.
Recording 1.
录音1。
Recent studies show that self-control and persistence increase academic outcomes independent of IQ.
近期研究表明,自我控制和毅力能提高学业成绩,且与智商无关。
Even our personal beliefs about effort can affect academic outcomes.
甚至我们个人对努力的信念也能影响学业成绩。
Children who think effort leads to achievement outperform those who believe ability is a fixed trait.
认为努力能带来成就的孩子,比那些相信能力是固定特质的孩子表现更出色。
Given the link between persistence and academic success, decisions about effort are particularly important in childhood.
鉴于毅力与学业成功之间的关联,关于努力的决定在童年时期尤为重要。
Yet, relatively little research has explored how young children learn what's worth the effort.
然而,相对较少的研究探讨了幼儿如何学习什么是值得努力的。
We all know that infants are keen observers of the social world.
我们都知道,婴儿是社会世界的敏锐观察者。
But they're not just idly watching.
但他们并非只是无所事事地观看。
They are tiny learning machines.
他们是小小的学习机器。
They can generalize such abstract concepts as causal relationships and social roles from just a few examples.
他们能从仅有的几个例子中概括出因果关系和社会角色等抽象概念。
Even a 15-month-old infant can outperform a high-level computer in such tasks.
甚至一个15个月大的婴儿在这些任务上也能超越高级计算机。
Could infants also make broad, generalizable inferences from a few examples when it comes to effort?
当涉及到努力时,婴儿是否也能从少数例子中做出广泛、可推广的推断?
If so, then maybe persistence isn't simply a character trait.
如果是这样,那么毅力或许不仅仅是一种性格特质。
Maybe it's flexible and adaptable, based on social context.
也许它是灵活和可适应的,基于社会背景。
To explore this question, we showed 15-month-old babies one of two things.
为了探索这个问题,我们向15个月大的婴儿展示了两种情况中的一种。
An experimenter working hard to achieve two different goals, or an experimenter who effortlessly reached each goal.
一位实验者努力实现两个不同的目标,或一位轻松达成每个目标的实验者。
Then we introduced the baby to a novel music toy that seemed as if it could be activated by pushing a big button on top.
然后,我们向婴儿介绍了一个新颖的音乐玩具,似乎通过按下顶部的大按钮就能启动。
The button could be pressed down but didn't actually activate anything.
按钮可以被按下,但实际上并未激活任何东西。
Out of sight of babies, we turned on the music toy with a hidden button, so that they heard the toy making music.
在婴儿看不见的情况下,我们通过一个隐藏按钮打开了音乐玩具,让他们听到玩具发出音乐。
We gave the babies the music toy and left the room.
我们将音乐玩具交给婴儿,然后离开了房间。
Then analysts, who didn't know which condition each baby was in, watched videotapes of the experiment and counted how many times babies tried to activate the toy by pressing the button.
然后,不知道每个婴儿处于哪种条件下的分析员观看实验录像,并计算婴儿尝试通过按下按钮来激活玩具的次数。
Across one study and a pre-registered duplication, babies who had seen an adult persist and succeed pushed the button about twice as many times as those who saw an adult effortlessly succeed.
在一项研究和一项预先注册的复制研究中,看到成人坚持并成功的婴儿按按钮的次数,大约是看到成人轻松成功的婴儿的两倍。
In other words, babies learned that effort was valuable after watching just two examples of an adult working hard and succeeding.
换句话说,在观看仅两个成人努力工作并成功的例子后,婴儿就学会了努力是有价值的。
Part of what's exciting about this finding is that the babies didn't just imitate the adult's actions.
这一发现令人兴奋的部分在于,婴儿不仅仅是模仿成人的行为。
Instead, they generalized the value of effort to a novel task.
相反,他们将努力的价值概括到了一个新任务上。
The experimenter never demonstrated pushing a button or trying to make music.
实验者从未演示过按下按钮或试图制造音乐。
Instead, the babies learned from different examples of effortful actions that the new toy probably also required persistence.
相反,婴儿从不同的努力行动的例子中学会了,新玩具可能也需要毅力。
Questions 16 to 18 are based on the lecture you have just heard.
问题16至18基于你刚刚听到的讲座。
Question 16. What does the speaker say even our personal beliefs about effort can do?
问题16. 演讲者说,甚至我们个人对努力的信念能做什么?
Question 17. How did the researchers turn on the music toy in their experiment?
问题17. 研究人员在实验中是如何打开音乐玩具的?
Question 18. What could the infants do in the experiment, according to the speaker?
问题18. 根据演讲者,在实验中婴儿能做什么?
Recording 2.
录音2。
If chronic lateness has taken over your life and turned into a defining trait of who you are, it's likely that you're losing out on job offers, recreational opportunities, friendships, and more.
如果长期迟到已经掌控了你的生活,并成为你身份的一个决定性特征,那么你很可能正在错失工作机会、休闲机会、友谊等。
If you're showing up late to your own life, get organized, prioritize punctuality, and address any underlying causes.
如果你在自己的生活中总是迟到,那么就变得有条理,优先考虑准时,并解决任何潜在原因。
When you have to be somewhere, try to arrive 15 to 30 minutes before you need to.
当你需要到达某个地方时,尝试提前15到30分钟到达。
If you always run late, that means you must be failing to account for something you always do.
如果你总是迟到,那意味着你一定没有考虑到你经常做的事情。
Anticipate that by giving yourself extra time to arrive.
通过给自己额外的时间来到达,以预期这种情况。
Keep track of whether or not you actually do arrive early.
追踪你是否真的提前到达。
You might find that leaving early gets you to places exactly on time.
你可能会发现,早出发能让你准时到达目的地。
Set two alarms.
设置两个闹钟。
Set one alarm that lets you know it's time to drop what you're doing, and a second alarm that means you need to walk out the door.
设置一个闹钟提醒你该放下手头的事情,第二个闹钟意味着你需要出门。
Obey the alarms.
遵守闹钟的提醒。
As soon as the first alarm goes off, stop what you're doing.
第一个闹钟一响,就停止你正在做的事情。
If it's something you'll be coming back to, like a project for work, make a note to remind yourself where you left off.
如果这是你会回来继续做的事情,比如工作项目,做个笔记提醒自己你停在哪里。
Grab everything you need and make sure you know how to get where you're going.
带上你需要的所有东西,并确保你知道如何到达目的地。
Aim to be out the door and on your way before the second alarm rings.
目标是在第二个闹钟响之前出门并上路。
This will only work if you take the alarms seriously, so make sure you react as soon as you hear them.
这只有在你认真对待闹钟的情况下才有效,所以确保你一听到它们就做出反应。
Prepare for the day ahead.
为即将到来的一天做准备。
Have all of your notes and materials organized well in advance of each event, so that all you have to do is grab them and go when it's the actual day.
在每次活动之前,提前整理好你的笔记和材料,这样到了当天你只需拿起它们就走。
If mornings are a struggle for you, do as much as you can to ready yourself the night before.
如果早晨对你来说很困难,那么尽你所能提前在前一天晚上准备好。
Before you go to bed, lay out your clothes and pack your bag for the next day.
睡觉前,准备好你的衣服并打包好第二天的包。
Learn to leave time in between tasks and meetings.
学会在任务和会议之间留出时间。
It soon becomes unbearable to shift between one meeting and another without space in between.
如果没有间歇,在一个会议和另一个会议之间切换很快会变得难以忍受。
If you overschedule yourself, however, you'll arrive late as soon as you hit a bump.
然而,如果你过度安排自己的时间,一遇到阻碍你就会迟到。
As well as giving you space, this time also acts as a buffer between events, which can be borrowed from should you be held up in a prior meeting, allowing you to still get to the next one on time.
除了给你空间外,这段时间还作为事件之间的缓冲,如果在前一个会议中被耽搁,可以借用这段时间,让你仍然能准时参加下一个会议。
Calculate transit time between activities and then add 10 to 30 minutes for unexpected delays.
计算活动之间的交通时间,然后加上10到30分钟以应对意外延误。
Questions 19 to 22 are based on the lecture you have just heard.
问题19到22基于你刚才听到的讲座。
Question 19. What is the speaker's purpose of giving this talk?
问题19. 讲话者发表这次谈话的目的是什么?
Question 20. What should you do if mornings are a struggle for you?
问题20. 如果早晨对你来说很困难,你应该怎么做?
Question 21. According to the speaker, what can we do to combat unexpected delays?
问题21. 根据讲话者,我们可以做什么来应对意外延误?
Recording 3.
录音3。
Do you think Bostonians put out the welcome along with?
你认为波士顿人会同时表现出欢迎的态度吗?
Do you find other cities to be more or less polite?
你发现其他城市更礼貌还是不那么礼貌?
Different cities have different feels for visitors.
不同城市给游客的感觉各不相同。
Some are friendly and open.
有些城市友好而开放。
Some are formal and distant.
有些城市正式而疏远。
Boston tends to seem hurried and sometimes a little rude.
波士顿往往显得匆忙,有时甚至有点粗鲁。
That's what some tourists have said.
这是一些游客的看法。
One study found that people here are less willing to volunteer to help strangers than those residents of other US cities.
一项研究发现,与美国其他城市的居民相比,这里的人更不愿意主动帮助陌生人。
Take a close look next time you're in Boston and here are some of the things you'll probably see.
下次你在波士顿时仔细观察,以下是你可能会看到的一些现象。
People smoking in the subway stations despite the frequent reminders not to do so.
尽管经常有提醒不要吸烟,但人们仍在地铁站吸烟。
Pedestrians walking when the crosswalk lights say not to do so, ignoring the cars.
行人无视车辆,在人行横道灯显示禁止通行时仍然行走。
Car drivers speeding, making a loud noise with the horn and occasionally cursing at each other.
汽车司机超速行驶,大声鸣笛,偶尔互相咒骂。
Drivers who can't be bothered to find a place to park but instead simply turn on their blinker and stop in the middle of the street.
司机懒得找停车位,而是直接打开转向灯停在路中间。
Sometimes Bostonians seem like they're just too busy to be polite.
有时波士顿人似乎只是忙得顾不上礼貌。
Why is their city like that?
为什么他们的城市是这样?
Former US representative Chester Atkins says it's because the Puritan founding fathers were themselves impatient and bad-tempered and had little time for courtesy.
前美国众议员切斯特·阿特金斯说,这是因为清教徒先父们自己就不耐烦、脾气暴躁,而且很少顾及礼节。
That culture has carried down to the present day he believes.
他认为这种文化一直延续至今。
Boston college professor Thomas O'Connor thinks a contributing factor is Boston's history as a city where each new group of immigrants was treated with suspicion and exclusion.
波士顿学院教授托马斯·奥康纳认为,一个促成因素是波士顿的历史:每批新移民群体都受到怀疑和排斥。
That's given Boston a sense of clannishness and reserve he thinks.
他认为这给了波士顿一种排外和保守的感觉。
The idea of a stranger greeting another stranger is simply not part of the local culture he says.
他说,陌生人之间打招呼的想法根本不是当地文化的一部分。
People will begin a conversation with someone they know but not with a stranger.
人们会与认识的人开始对话,但不会与陌生人交谈。
Ralph Whitehead, a professor of journalism at the University of Massachusetts at Amherst thinks it's because Boston's upper class used manners to make class distinctions.
马萨诸塞大学阿默斯特分校新闻学教授拉尔夫·怀特海德认为,这是因为波士顿上层阶级利用礼节来制造阶级区分。
By being snobbish about manners proper Bostonians made other people scornful of courtesy he says.
他说,通过挑剔礼节,正统的波士顿人让其他人对礼貌嗤之以鼻。
Some say that's just the way Boston is and that the city will never change.
有人说波士顿就是这样,这个城市永远不会改变。
Still other cities with reputations for worse rudeness are trying hard to change their images.
然而,其他以更粗鲁著称的城市正在努力改变自己的形象。
Paris is one example where people are trying to be friendly.
巴黎就是一个例子,那里的人们正努力变得友好。
New York City is another.
纽约市是另一个例子。
There the city is trying to persuade subway riders to be more considerate.
在那里,城市正试图说服地铁乘客更加体贴。
If those cities can make the effort maybe Boston should as well.
如果那些城市能够付出努力,也许波士顿也应该如此。
Questions 23 to 25 are based on the lecture you have just heard.
问题23至25基于你刚才听到的讲座。
Question 22. What do visitors find about the cities they've been to?
问题22。游客对他们到过的城市有什么发现?
Question 23. What did one city find about Bostonians compared with residents of other U. S. cities?
问题23。与美国其他城市的居民相比,一项研究对波士顿人有什么发现?
Question 24. What does Thomas O'Connor say about the idea of strangers greeting one another?
问题24。托马斯·奥康纳对陌生人互相打招呼的想法有什么看法?
Question 25. What does the speaker think Boston should do?
问题25。说话者认为波士顿应该做什么?
2025 年 06 月大学英语六级考试真题(第 1 套) 其它部分
- 2025 年 06 月大学英语六级考试真题(第 1 套) 写作
- 2025 年 06 月大学英语六级考试真题(第 1 套) 选词填空
- 2025 年 06 月大学英语六级考试真题(第 1 套) 长篇阅读
- 2025 年 06 月大学英语六级考试真题(第 1 套) Passage 1
- 2025 年 06 月大学英语六级考试真题(第 1 套) Passage 2
- 2025 年 06 月大学英语六级考试真题(第 1 套) 翻译
历年六级听力真题
- 2026 年 06 月大学英语六级考试真题(第 3 套) 听力
- 2026 年 06 月大学英语六级考试真题(第 2 套) 听力
- 2026 年 06 月大学英语六级考试真题(第 1 套) 听力
- 2025 年 12 月大学英语六级考试真题(第 3 套) 听力
- 2025 年 12 月大学英语六级考试真题(第 2 套) 听力
- 2025 年 12 月大学英语六级考试真题(第 1 套) 听力
- 2025 年 06 月大学英语六级考试真题(第 3 套) 听力
- 2025 年 06 月大学英语六级考试真题(第 2 套) 听力
- 2024 年 12 月大学英语六级考试真题(第 2 套) 听力
- 2024 年 12 月大学英语六级考试真题(第 3 套) 听力
- 2024 年 12 月大学英语六级考试真题(第 1 套) 听力
- 2024 年 06 月大学英语六级考试真题(第 1 套) 听力